[pmwiki-users] Broken numbering in lists

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Mar 12 15:17:07 CDT 2007

On Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 10:06:46AM +0200, Mildiner, Melvyn wrote:
>    I have a major issue when using numbered lists in pmWiki.
>
>    I am trying to produce a troubleshooting Wiki and  I need to include
>    warnings in procedures. Currently, warnings, tips, and code blocks all
>    break the numbering of my lists.
>
>    The bug is already in PITS (http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/00194). It's
>    listed as "Suspended" since this is apparently "by design".
>
>    Is there an easy to implement workaround for this "feature"?

Instead of using >>tip<<, >>important<<, >>warning<<, etc., try
using the following inside of the numbered lists.

    --> %block tip% This is a tip
    --> %block important% This is important
    --> %block warning% This is a warning

I looked at having divs/tables nest inside of lists using
whitespace indentation... but unfortunately that will
require some substantial modification to the core so it's
not likely to occur anytime soon.