[pmwiki-users] disabling standard markup etc.

Simon s-i-m-o-n at paradise.net.nz
Mon Mar 12 01:23:05 CDT 2007

Well there is a lot of 'good stuff' in PmWiki.css,
and of course from time to time it gets updated.
This 'good stuff' provides the much of the basis for any skin,
so rather than maintain the whole thing myself I choose to include it
override it where necessary,
or remove (some) references to its classes from the template.

Hence I change, and recommend changing, the order of the two lines given
below.
For this who are less familiar with CSS I think having PmWiki override
skin css, as it does in the default skin with
  <link rel='stylesheet' href='$SkinDirUrl/pmwiki.css' type='text/css' />
  <!--HTMLHeader-->
is confusing.

I imagine that many people are happy with the general PmWiki layout -
and template,
and would just like to change a few colours, and similar - stuff that
could be done largely by CSS and configuration file,
without having to change the template at all,
if only these two lines were the correct way around.

cheers

Simon

PS thus to clarify
The order CSS is loaded should I think be (ie declared in the html page)

1) local in page CSS (which I believe should be reduced to a minimum by
being moved into css files)
2) the template CSS (pub/skins/myskin/pmwiki.css)
3) skin specific CSS
4) cookbook recipe specific CSS
5) the local css (pub/css/local.css)

Thus CSS from (5) overrides any earlier CSS etc.
That is more specific and local CSS overrides more general CSS

So rather than