[pmwiki-users] ZAPupgrade...

The Editor editor at fast.st
Sun Mar 11 16:06:31 CDT 2007

Just a quick note of thanks to Tegan for help with the ZAP autosubmit
problem.  Now the only thing left to do is to upload the new
scripts... Everything is working great--better than expected!

I had planned to be done by today by I decided to go ahead and do a
quick overhaul of the zap website to take advantage of Hg and
hopefully simplify maintenance of some things.  Most of the changes
are under the hood, but I do hope to add a developers section with
notes on all the core ZAP functions plus some additional tutorials for
more advanced uses of ZAP.

The new system for building ZAP extensions makes it so easy anyone
could write one with minimal knowledge of php.  Very cool

The entire support system will be commentable, with comments easily
editable by the poster and by an admin at any time. A really cool use
of Hg--as everything is done with two groupfooters.

I've been getting some spam (minimal) but to lower maintenance will
probably begin requiring logins to post.  A guest account will be
available of course.

I'm deleting the forum in hopes of focusing comments towards the
appropriate snippets/documentation.

If any have suggestions for improving the ZAPsite, now would be a good
time while I'm in the process of redoing things.  May be able to get
everything up in a day or two more.

Cheers,
Dan