[pmwiki-users] Spaces in page names

Petko Yotov 5ko at free.fr
Sun Mar 11 09:41:43 CDT 2007

On Sunday 11 March 2007 15:32, Steven Benmosh wrote:
> I know there is a way to display page names with a space, but I could
> not find how to do it with a few searches.
>
> I know this is a newbie question, but could someone please reminde me:
>
> I want to create a new page named Technical Information. When I use
> [[Technical Information]], the new page is called
> TechnicalInformation, instead.
>
> What is the variable that I need to set, and where (config.php?) to
> allow the preservation of spaces in page names displays?
>
> Is there another way to either create or display the page this way
> without using a variable?

Currently you cannot have spaces in page names (or urls), but you can have a
different page title by setting in the page:
  (:title Technical Information:)

Or even:
  (:title {*$Namespaced}:)

And in pagelists you can use {=$Namespaced}.

{*Namespaced} and {*$Groupspaced} variables contain the "spaced" version of
the page name and group.

Petko