[pmwiki-users] Fox recipe update

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sat Mar 10 15:28:09 CST 2007

Inspired by another thread, I updated Fox to add
group selection capabilities. Now a target pagename can be choosen by
splitting it into the Name and Group part.
So one can build for instance a form with a text field to enter the
page name or title, and a select input control to select from a number
of Groups the target page should be in.

'target' or  'newedit' is still the general target pagename.
But if a field 'foxgroup' is given a value, it will be used
as the GroupName part of the target page.

See http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Fox

I invite feedback, especially about the reserved names used.
I was tempted to change 'target' to something more Fox specific,
like 'foxpage'. This will free 'target' as a general field name,
but then it will break all installed Fox applications.

Best,
 Hans