[pmwiki-users] how to pass values to edit template?

SteP step.list+pmwiki at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 12:18:33 CST 2007

Hi Petko and Hans,

I'm learning an incredible lot from your replies, thank you so much! I'm
new to PmWiki, and I think it has a huge practical value and also an
enormous educational value provided by its clean design and talented
Author and supporting Users. It's been years since I've enjoyed studying a
system so much.

After a few hours studying your replies, I still have some questions.

Is the {field} markup native of PmWiki, or something that Petko's
newmessageboxplus added? If the latter, then it's available only when
(:input action new:) is used, correct? I was hoping that there would be a
generic way to pass variables to a page which the page could then read and
store. (This is an extension of the question in my OP.)

I have two specific applications in mind:
1. toggle a state page variable
2. store an array of selected pages

I still have no clue how to achieve #1. My page includes
(:state:0:)
and I would like an interactive way to toggle {$:state} and save its new
value in the same page. I looked at fox (amazing!), but it seems to me it
mostly provides functions for adding/removing text inside pagess, not for
replacing a stored value.

As for #2, I think I need to use a pagelist with a fmt that includes
(:input checkbox[] :) but then I'm not sure how to get that checkbox value
out of the form and into a page.

I also looked at ZAP and found ways to do #2 but not #1.

Anyway, thank you guys for your replies, like I said, I'm learning a whole
lot.

--SteP