[pmwiki-users] Problem with Site group passwd

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 10:01:07 CST 2007

On 3/10/07, Thierry - Listes <thgalist_2007 at natapassion.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> When I put a read password on the 'Site' group (via GroupAttributes), all my
> dynamic lists (:pagelist:) are broken - everywhere on my wiki.
> Why ?
> How could I do this without braking the pagelist directive ?
>
> Note that I'm in french site via i18n and XL Pages ; 'Site' and 'Main'
> groups aren't my default group
> http://www.adelinapi.org/wiki
> Example of list - currently working (no passwd on 'Site' group) :
> http://www.adelinapi.org/wiki/index.php?n=Accueil.UnePageAuHasard

Yes, several pages of the Site group must be readable by anyone who
can view any other part of the site; many must be readable by anyone
who can edit any other part of the site.  You can use
Site/GroupAttributes to read-protect the whole group, and then use
Site/PageListTemplates?action=attr to *unprotect* that page for
reading.  OR you can remove read-protection from the GroupAttributes,
and then read-protect selected pages individually.

NOTE that to unprotect an attribute that inherits a password from the
group it's in, you do not use "clear"; you use "@nopass".

You may find other features of the wiki fail to work until to do the
same to other pages in the Site group.

I've often wished for some way to make the content of a page available
to the rest of the wiki for functionality or inclusion purposes,
without having to enable read-access to it, but there's (so far) no
way to do that, as far as I know.