[pmwiki-users] Struggling with Clusters, though I'm halfway there!

The Editor editor at fast.st
Fri Mar 9 13:08:22 CST 2007

On 3/9/07, [] Jamie <followtheboat at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  I recently got some great help from Kathryn (member of the PMWiki email
> list) who has helped me implement my Cluster linked menu system. However
> there's an oddity that I can't get my head round. If you view this page:
>
> http://www.followtheboat.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Cruising-UK-Locations-EastCoast-Ramsgate/Main
>
>  You can see I inserted the relevant code in the page to create my linked
> hierarchy. However if you roll the mouse over the links you can see that
> rather than take me to Cruising-UK-Locations, it takes me to
> Cruising-UK-Locations/Cruising-UK-Locations. It appears to
> be doubling up my links! Could this be because either I'm running HG recipe
> as well or, more likely, I've stupidly created page names Cruising.Main,
> Cruising-UK.Main, Cruising-UK-Locations.Main. Could this be causing the
> problem?
>
>  I'm sure this is easily explained and I'll no doubt smack myself on the
> forehead when it is explained but any help would be really appreciated.
>
>  Thanks and regards,

First of all you don't need both Hg and Cluster.  They do almost the
same thing and are likely to cause conflicts.  If you visit

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/HierarchicalGroups

you can get a comparison of the two recipes and decide which features
you prefer. Unfortunately, Kathryn and I couldn't quite agree on which
features we wanted in so both are available.  But just don't use both!
 :)

Second, the double up effect occurs when pages don't exist.  PmWiki
makes that the default home page  for each group when no homepage
exists.  If you have the latest version of PmWiki, you should be able
to change that from

Cruising-UK-Locations/Cruising-UK-Locations to something like
Cruising-UK-Locations/HomePage.

Or you might be able to change your breadcrumb formula to explicitly
go to HomePage rather than let it go to the default (which is probably
how Kathryn set up the breadcrumb).  Someone else will have to take a
quick look at that as I'm up to my ears in another project right at
the moment.

Also someone else will have to help explain how to set the default
page using Pm's new approach as I kind of missed that release...  I'd
find it helpful myself to see the notation...  It's probably on PmWiki
or the mail list somewhere...

Hope this helps,

Cheers,
Dan