[pmwiki-users] Listing pages by date

Jan Erik Moström lists at mostrom.pp.se
Fri Mar 9 12:50:14 CST 2007

First of all, I'm not looking for some blog feature instead I'm
trying to figure out if a "calender" of documents is possible/a
good idea.

My idea/problem:

sometimes I wish I could list documents in some groups by date
(ideally in a calendar, but right now I'm satisfied with a
list). Since I'm not interested in creation/modification date
but rather a "document date" I thought I would use a page
variable and the pagelist command.

So I started to experiment and inserted a page variable

     (:documentdate: 2007-03-09 :)

and then I used

     (:pagelist $:documentdate=2*:)

I get a simple list but I wonder if it's a good idea of doing it
like this or if there's a better way of doing it?

And if this is the way of doing it, how can I sort on the page
variable and how can I get a listing that look like this

     2007-03-09 The page title

The page title =  (:title XXXX:)

I think I can use Site.LocalTemplates but I'm unsure how I do it.

I would be grateful for comments/suggestions

                     jem