[pmwiki-users] Numbered FAQ

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 12:01:22 CST 2007

On 3/9/07, Vince Administration <vadmin at math.uconn.edu> wrote:
> I would like to number the questions in a FAQ. The standard  FAQ
> markup looks very nice, but  can be hard to find things without some
> sort of numbering.
> I found the NumberedHeaders   http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/
> NumberedHeaders, which looks like it might be adaptable, but before I
> plunge deep
> into the internals, I thought I would ask if anyone has a hint, or a
> cookbook item  that I missed.

Have a look at http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/PageTableOfContents

If you use the !!-type headings, placing the (:toc:) markup above the
first of them will automatically number the headings that follow, and
display a table of contents with links to the subsequent headings, in
outline form up to two levels deep (i.e. it will report headings with
!! and !!!, or !!! and !!!!, or !!!! and !!!!!).  Elsewhere on your
site, you might want to use (:*toc:) to get un-numbered headings and
toc in bulleted outline form.