[pmwiki-users] disabling standard markup etc.

Simon s-i-m-o-n at paradise.net.nz
Thu Mar 8 11:51:19 CST 2007

To get your CSS to override existing CSS it will help if you change to,
as follows,
the order of these lines in your template.

  <!--HeaderText-->
  <link rel='stylesheet' href='$SkinDirUrl/pmwiki.css' type='text/css' />

This ensures that your skin CSS overrides the pmwiki css
I believe that this should be done in the standard release.

The order CSS is processes should I think be
1) local in page CSS (which I believe should be reduced to a minimum -
moved into css files)
2) the template CSS (pub/skins/myskin/pmwiki.css)
3) skin specific CSS
4) cookbook recipe specific CSS
5) pub/css/local.css

Simon

PS I find that rather than customising a copy of the entire
pub/skins/pmwiki/pmwiki.css,
but to retain its benefits and updates to it making the first line of my
pub/skins/myskin/pmwiki.css to
@import url("/pmwiki/pub/skins/pmwiki/pmwiki.css");
is really useful