[pmwiki-users] Local notify list (Was: Hierarchical Notify Lists)

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 04:24:28 CST 2007

Dan's post reminded me about something I've wondered about.

Let's assume the wiki is used so that different groups of people work with
different groups of pages (the groups are sort of independent wikis, as
per the original purpose of wiki groups).

Now say that we'd like authors for a certain group, GrpA, be able to
control who gets notified about changes to pages within group A.
Similarly, authors of group B should be able to control who gets notified
about changes within group B. However, authors of group A should not be
able to modify the notification list for group B.

(With modify, I especially also think of being able to see their email
addresses)

How could this be achieved?

One solution I considered was if in addition to Site/NotifyList, the
notify script checked the current group for a similar page. That similar
page would only be allowed to *add* to the notification list for the
current group.

Hopes this makes sense, I'm a bit tired today.
/C