[pmwiki-users] BlogSimple2 - for different users

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Tue Mar 6 06:05:44 CST 2007

Monday, March 5, 2007, 10:58:19 PM, Hans wrote:

> Thinking a bit more about this, you could try the following
> (but make sure to test commenting first).

There were anumber of mistakes in the code. here is the corrected
version:

Thinking a bit more about this, you could try the following
(but make sure to test commenting first).

On a blog page set a page text variable {$:Blogauthor}
Blogauthor: Fred   (for instance)
or hidden:
(:Blogauthor:Fred:)
This is instead of (:Blog:1:) from BlogSimple2 recipe.
Now we have a page text variable blogauthor with the author name.

To list the blog pages for author Fred you can use
(:pagelist $:Blogauthor=Fred list=blog order=-ctime fmt=#recentblog count=15:)

Define Site.AllGroupFooter in config.php:

$GroupFooterFmt =
  '(:nl:)(:include $SiteGroup.AllGroupFooter:)'
  .'(:nl:)(:include $Group.GroupFooter:)';

Now the commentboxplus code for Site.AllGroupFooter:

This makes sure to put  a comment box on pages which got a Blogauthor
page text variable. The conditional test checks if a page text
variable Blogauthor is present.

(:if !equal {*$:Blogauthor} "":)
----
(:div2 class=blogpost-comments:)
(:if expr exists PostComments.{*$Group}-{*$Name} && !equal {*$:Blogauthor} "":)
!!![[#comments]]{PostComments.{*$Group}-{*$Name}$PostCount}
Comments:(:if !equal {*$:Blogauthor} "":)
(:include PostComments.{*$Group}-{*$Name}:)
!!! Add a Comment
(:div3 class=blogpost-commentbox:)
[[#commentbox]]
(:commentboxchrono PostComments.{*$Group}-{*$Name}:)
(:div3end:)
(:div2end:)
(:div1end:)
(:div0end:)
(:if:)

Not sure why there are div1end and div0end, but I have not looked
closely into Jon's BlogSimple2 code.

I had to add the stars * to {*$:Blogauthor},
and change the pagelist to read $:Blogauthor=Fred (no brackets here).
I added the note about how to create Site.AllGroupFooter.
I tested it briefly.
Hope this helps.
It should perhaps go onto another cookbook page for
BlogSimpleForMultiUsers

Hans