[pmwiki-users] Integrating email & a (private) wikigroup

Donald Z. Osborn dzosborn at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 08:46:06 CST 2007

I have a few quesitons re e-mail interfaces with pages in a (private)
wikigroup. Basically a group of users (a small working group) is checking
about how to integrate email with a private wikigroup that will be set up
for them.

1) Setting up a private wikigroup is described at
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/PrivateGroups . Is there any
complication between this and any of the below? ...

2) There seem to be 3 ways of getting info about changes on a wiki or
wikigroup sent outside the wiki itself:
2a) RSS (we know about that in general; will an RSS feed work from a private
group?)
2b) According to this page - http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Notify - a
feature can be added to enable email notification of page changes. If I
understand correctly, this could be set up for a specific wikigroup as well
as for the whole site. Privacy would be assured by putting only the group
members' emails or the group's private e-list in the notify address list.
2c) An alternative to the latter that generates email notification of
changes in particular pages is explained at
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/MailPosts

3) Is it possible to input content into a wikipage via email? Not sure
exactly what the users have in mind, so this is a general question about
whether anything of this sort is possible.

TIA...

Don

wiki page. Is this what you mean by input via email? If you mean an edit via
email, that sounds problematic.