[pmwiki-users] Pagelist converts & in Title into &

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Mar 1 16:30:22 CST 2007

On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 11:22:24PM +0100, kirpi at kirpi.it wrote:
> >> On Feb. 27 also pmwiki.org had the same problem
> >> http://pmichaud.com/pipermail/pmwiki-users/2007-February/039577.html
> >> ...and still does now... on beta33...
> >> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/JumpBox
>
> >Oh.  I think we need to fix the (:input jumpbox:) markup
> >then.  Either that or I need to move the & rule even earlier
> >in the sequence.
>
> Some languages in the world have special inclusive "we"s and exclusive
> "we"s. Other languages (English) have just a basic, simple "we"
> which might (or might not) include the speaker, the listener, and
> other people.

And ambiguity is nice sometimes.  However, in this case I was
primarily using the academic "we", sometimes found in scientific
and mathematic papers where the author (singular) often writes
the paper in the first-person plural "we".  :-)

Or perhaps, I really meant to use the royal "We".

Or maybe it's really the multiple-personality "we".  (We do wear
many hats.  :-)

At any rate, after thinking about it further, I decided moving
the & rule even earlier in the sequence was a more natural
solution.  Now released as 2.2.0-beta34, and the jumpbox on pmwiki.org
appears to be working properly.

Thanks for your help!