[pmwiki-users] Pagelist converts & in Title into &

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Mar 1 12:28:56 CST 2007

On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 06:14:26PM +0100, kirpi at kirpi.it wrote:
> "&" in titles like (:title Benson & Hedges:) always renders properly.
> The same is not true in pagelist, it seems.
>
> I defined a jumpbox this way
>
> (:if false:)
> [[#jumpbox]]
> (:input jumpbox value="{=$PageUrl}" label="{=$Title}":)
> [[#jumpboxend]]
> (:if:)
> (:pagelist group=Somegroup fmt=#jumpbox:)
>
> but in the list I get "Benson & Hedges" which, though clear to me,
> is deceiving (at times hardly usable) for most common users.

I think I've found the problem, but I want to verify it before
continuing further...

1.  Could you check http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/AmpersandTitle
and verify that the test case I've set up matches what you are
trying to achieve?  (I did the same as above, except changed
"jumpbox" to "select".)

2.  Could you get me some diagnostic output?  On a site where
ampersands aren't working for the above, set $EnableDiag=1;
and either send me the url of the non-working page, or send
me the output of ?action=ruleset .

Thanks!