[pmwiki-users] Upload Directory Question

millroy at gmail.com millroy at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 08:44:07 CDT 2007

Hi all,

I am trying to enable uploading for the installation of PmWiki I have at my
university site.  I'm running into difficulty setting the upload directory
info.

in my config.php, I currently have set:

$UploadUrlFmt =
"http://www.university.edu/~userid/WikiUploads/<http://www.university.edu/%7Euserid/WikiUploads/>
";
$UploadDir = "WikiUploads";

When I go to attach a file, PmWiki creates a directory within it's installed
directory named WikiUploads, and the file appears within it.  PmWiki returns
that the file upload is successful, however the image does not display.

I suspect this may have something to do with the fact that the upload
directory "usually must be in a location that is accessible to the web
somewhere (e.g., in a subdirectory of *public_html*)." (according to
http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/PmWiki/UploadsAdmin ) .  However, for the life
of me, I can't figure out how to point it to create a directory in my public
space (listed in the UploadUrlFmt).

If I try  $UploadDir ="userid\webspace\WikiUploads"; , I will find the file
written in those directories written in PmWiki's directory.

This action takes place regardless of if I include or comment out
$UploadUrlFmt

I'm not sure if my issue is an incorrect understanding of our server's
directory structure, an incorrect usage of the php referring to it, or
something else altogether.

Thanks,
-m