[pmwiki-users] Include Password in URL string to access protected pages

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Wed Jun 27 21:49:24 CDT 2007

We are accessing wiki pages with external CGI's to extract data and
often  use CURL as the man on my team who does this is used to writing
HTML parsers, or we can get  source if we want to grab the wiki
code which is a lot cleaner than a rendered page

our calls use Apache Basic Authentication  like this:

http://user:password@my.wiki.org/index.php?n=Group.Page

OK, we are planning to "ditch" Apache Basic Authentication and
use PMwiki password protection (not AuthUser, just simple passwords)

What will the CURL URL access strings be now?

something like

(wild guess, but to give an idea of what we might expect:)

http://my.wiki.org/ProtectedGroup.DataPage?action=login&password="bananas"

??

Sivakatirswami