[pmwiki-users] is this a bug ?

Ian MacGregor lists at imacgregor.com
Mon Jun 25 14:14:07 CDT 2007

On Monday 25 June 2007 9:55:06 am Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 11:47:39AM -0500, Prasad Burra wrote:
> > The first time I click edit button, it asks for 'passwd' - Working.
> > After entering the passwd, successfully edited the content and saved it.
> >
> > so far so good.
> >
> > The very next time, I click the edit button, it doesnt ask for  passwd
> > any more. even if I close the window and start a new session...it doesnt
> > ask for passwd..
> >
> > could you help me if I am making some mistake some where.
Sounds like a case of browser cache or cookies.

> Did you close _all_ of the browser windows that were open?  If any browser
> windows remain open, the session remains open.
>
> > By design, I think, when the save button/ cancel button is clicked,
> > the status of passwd should become 'some null' so that next editing
> > will again ask for passwd.
>
> This could be done if you wish -- but it hasn't been frequently requested.
> Most people simply want to enter the password once and have it continue
> to be in effect until they log out.
I have AuthUser set up so I can log in. I wouldn't want to be asked for a
password every time I click edit, that would get annoying real fast on a
moderate to busy wiki. Once I am in edit mode, I don't want to be bothered
with a password.
If this is implemented, can we make it so that it isn't in effect by default
and the user needs to "enable" this behaviour in local/config.php? Or give
some other type of option?

Regards,
Ian MacGregor