[pmwiki-users] PmWiki access

Ian MacGregor lists at imacgregor.com
Sat Jun 23 10:22:10 CDT 2007

Patrick,
 You mentioned that you are preparing for a conference soon and that your
presence has declined due to that. This got me thinking.

Idea:
I'm not sure how the PmWiki server is setup, but I was thinking that you could
setup some kind of access control for a select few that YOU trust to deal
with pmwiki.org. This would have the benefit of admin/maintenance in your
absence. There could even be different levels of access (possibly 1= limited
acces to certain dirs, 10 = full access) or something to that effect. I am
talking about installing skins, deleting files, ftp stuff, etc. I am good
with documentation and Donna and I are getting good at making skins, but this
doesn't require access as we can do these things via the wiki.

If this would require that the main pmwiki content be moved to a new
server/host, then Donna and I would be more than willing to donate some quid
to get this going.. and I'm sure others would happily donate to this as well.

I currently admin several sites and would be willing to have some access to
perform some work if you wouldn't object. I'm the "tell me what to do and
I'll get it done" type of person.

If you are willing to entertain this idea I'm sure others would have some good
ideas too.

Regards,
Ian MacGregor