[pmwiki-users] Zap and pagetemplate

Scott Smith smackaysmith at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 11:12:53 CDT 2007

I'm struggling to get zap to create a page using a template. My ultimate
goal is to have a zap form filled out and emailed to me. For now, I'll take
just getting a template page to work with Hello World! displayed.

Stats:
pmwiki-2.2.0-beta44
Zap 5/31/07
Zap Toolbox 5/31/07

Have cut and pasted the test install code: installation successful.

I took the make page markup and modified it slightly -- I added the
pagetemplate line and a field for additional text.

(:messages:)
(:zapform:)
(:zap pagetemplate=Systems.TestFormTemplate:)
||Create: ||(:input text makepage:)
||Add some text: ||(:input text txtWords:)
(:zap if1="namefmt {makepage} ? create=Systems.{makepage}":)
(:zap if2="! namefmt {makepage} ? warn=Invalid page format. ":)

(:zap create="":)
(:zapend:)

(:if false:)
[[#ID]]
(:messages:)
(:zapform:)
Create: (:input text create:) (:input submit:)
(:zapend:)
[[#ID]]
(:if:)

I created the Systems.TestFormTemplate with the following:

Page Name entered: {makepage}
File Name: {create}
Some words: {txtWords}

When I run the form, I do get a new page, but it's always blank. I am
misunderstanding templates on a zap and pmwiki level. Horribly confused.

Thanks
Scott Smith