[pmwiki-users] 2.2.0: add Site.SiteHeader and Site.SiteFooter

carlos.ab at gmail.com carlos.ab at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 23:03:46 CDT 2007

Em Quarta 20 Junho 2007 13:40, você escreveu:
> On 6/20/07, carlos.ab at gmail.com <carlos.ab at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Site wide styles will not be honored , it doesn't matter  where you put
> > it (Group|Default|Site)Header, because it can be overridden by styles
> > defined within the page.
>
> I don't know what you mean by being honored, but sitewide wikistyles
> will be available for authors to use sitewide.  They may be overridden
> by re-defining the wikistyle, but ability to re-define is a feature.

I mean exactly what you have understood, that styes can be defined in
SiteHeader but can be re-defined by GroupHeader and re-defined again inside a
page. If you say this is a feature,  I will say nothing more.

> > So sitewide styles will only be honored if you use  /pub/css/local.css or
> > something like it.
>
> This would not be true if there were a site-wide header page, which is
> Proposal #2.

How can this be true if /pub/css/local.css always comes last? Styles can still
be re-defined with GroupHeader and inside a page, wikistyles will be sitewide
but can be changed (They will be present, but maybe, not respected), if that
is what everybody wants, I'll say nothing more.

What I really mean is this , why have a SiteAdmin.SiteHeader (Keep it inside
SiteAdmin) if security is not important, but if it is, all that I said above
is still valid...  I guess.

I decided to say something  to point out some things I think are important,
but if it isn't, please tell me because this thread is long enough .

> Authors can't modify /pub/css/local.css, but they will be able to
> modify a site header page if Proposal #2 takes effect.

But anywhere, users won't be able to re-define styles, as local.css comes last
when loaded by pmwiki, AFAIK.

> Hagan

Carlos