[pmwiki-users] 2.2.0: add Site.SiteHeader and Site.SiteFooter

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jun 18 18:18:29 CDT 2007

On 6/18/07, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> If we introduce a separate (:nositeheader:) directive, then
> there's a question (and potential confusion) as to the sequence
> of processing -- should a group be able to suppress the site-wide
> header with (:nositeheader:), or should the site-wide header be
> able to suppress the per-group header with (:nogroupheader:)?
> (We can't do both.)

That's an unfortunate snag, but not a huge one.

My choice would be to let a group be able suppress the site-wide header.

The way to suppress a group header is to delete the GroupHeader page.  :-)

Come to think of it, letting a site-wide header be able to suppress
the per-group header is bound to create confusion at least sometimes.
("Dear list,  My GroupHeader page isn't having any effect...")

Hagan