[pmwiki-users] 2.2.0: add Site.SiteHeader and Site.SiteFooter

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 07:49:56 CDT 2007

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007, Roman wrote:

> On 6/17/07, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
>>>       Site.DefaultGroupHeader
>>>       - to be used if a group has no 'GroupHeader'
>>
>> This has some merit, instead of AllGroupHeader.
>
> Please, no. If original suggestion to include AllGroupHeader or
> SiteHeader in the core has anything in common with my recent question
> regarding (:messages:) (see
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.wiki.pmwiki.user/43988/match=messages+allgroupheader)
> then I must disagree with DefaultGroupHeader. To include (:messages:)
> at the top of each page would still require to use AllGroupHeader
> recipe (or to remmember to put (:messages:) to the top of each
> GroupHeader).

I'm not sure I understand you.

I think Patrick meant that 'DefaultGroupHeader' is a good name in case
that page is used as a 'default', i.e. in case there is no
$Group.GroupHeader.

We might still want a page, e.g. Site.SiteHeader or Site.AllGroupHeader,
that has the function that it is always included (before) any
 	$Group.GroupHeader.

In your case, you'd want to place '(:messages:)' in e.g. Site.SiteHeader.

?

/Christian