[pmwiki-users] Problem using MarkupExpressions with ZAP variable

The Editor editor at fast.st
Sun Jun 17 14:08:51 CDT 2007

On 6/17/07, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 17, 2007 at 08:55:55AM -0400, The Editor wrote:
> >
> > I still don't like all the changes Pm made to the time function,
> > specifically to require the @ symbol, but that's how it works in
> > PmWiki.
>
> I felt this was important so that we could reliably distinguish
> ISO dates (20070617) from UNIX timestamps (@20070617).  And I didn't
> invent the @-notation out of thin air -- it's the way that several
> GNU utilities represent timestamps [1] (as documented from the PHP
> strtotime() function [2], which ZAP itself is using).
>
> So yes, that's how it works in PmWiki.  :-)

Sorry Pm, didn't mean to imply I didn't agree with your choice, just
that I didn't like it. :)  I should have shared your reasons for you
for you and saved you the trouble of having to retype them.

Still, I know it did cause me headaches, and several others have had
trouble with time functions since then also.  Perhaps the problem has
to do with the lack of documentation. Not sure where to put it though
as it's not really a ZAP function any longer.

Cheers
Dan