[pmwiki-users] 2.2.0: add Site.SiteHeader and Site.SiteFooter

Petko Yotov 5ko at free.fr
Sat Jun 16 14:33:18 CDT 2007

On Saturday 16 June 2007, Sandy wrote:
> Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 05:43:12PM -0400, The Editor wrote:
> >> On 6/15/07, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com

> >> For what it's worth, I found AllGroupHeader counterintuitive, and
> >> would also prefer Site.SiteHeader.
> >
> > Part of the advantage of AllGroupHeader is that it makes it
> > clearer that (:nogroupheader:) will suppress Site.AllGroupHeader.
> >
> > It isn't nearly as clear that (:nogroupheader:) would/should
> > suppress Site.SiteHeader.
> >
> > Pm
>
> I'd expect Site.SiteHeader to have stuff that's currently part of the
> skin, and as such not easy to suppress. (Depending on one's view of skin
> vs content.)

Me too, I see the pages Site.SiteHeader and Site.SiteFooter as a pages called
from (advanced) skins, which contain some personnalizable text, like the site
slogan, a number of links, copyright information.

This special page would sometimes contain a special message, or a (more
global) wikistyle setting but is output at the beginning of the wikitext, so
it is a part of every page's text.

So, I prefer the page not to be 'Site.SiteHeader'.

But, as everything in PmWiki is personnalizable, I could live with it too.

Thanks,
Petko