[pmwiki-users] 2.2.0: add Site.SiteHeader and Site.SiteFooter

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 18:38:07 CDT 2007

On 6/15/07, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 05:43:12PM -0400, The Editor wrote:
> > On 6/15/07, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
> > > I prefer 'Site.SiteHeader'.
> >
> > For what it's worth, I found AllGroupHeader counterintuitive, and
> > would also prefer Site.SiteHeader.
>
> Part of the advantage of AllGroupHeader is that it makes it
> clearer that (:nogroupheader:) will suppress Site.AllGroupHeader.
>
> It isn't nearly as clear that (:nogroupheader:) would/should
> suppress Site.SiteHeader.

Yes, Site.SiteHeader would be confusing.  In fact, when you first posted
this, I thought you were adding something to or renaming the banner area,
where the logo is. I would not expect a SiteHeader page's content to be
automagically inserted at the top of each page, as a GroupHeader is.

+1 for "AllGroupHeader" (both the name and the addition of it to the core)