[pmwiki-users] 2.2.0: SiteAdmin group migration

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Jun 15 17:55:41 CDT 2007

On Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 06:28:46PM -0400, DaveG wrote:
> Similar feedback. How about rewording:
> From: "This version of PmWiki moves several administrative pages from
> the Site group to a new SiteAdmin group. "
> To: "This version of PmWiki relocates several administrative pages from
> the Site group to a new SiteAdmin group. "
>
> That way later use of Copy won't be too conflicting.

I've now changed it to:

    This version of PmWiki expects several administrative pages
    from the Site group to a new SiteAdmin group.  On this site,
    the following pages appear to need to be relocated: ...

> In my mind a button is better than a link when an action is going to be
> performed, so that would make more sense to me.

Good idea.  Now done.

> Also, agree on the "these files were copied..." comment.

Also now done.

> Lastly, *when* will an admin see this page? I assume they have to visit
> their sites? We need to call that out separate from the usual upgrade
> process.

They will see it the next time they visit the site, which generally
should be immediately after performing the upgrade.  I don't know
of any better way to handle this.