[pmwiki-users] UserAuth2 and WikiCalendar problem

ThomasP pmwikidev at sigproc.de
Tue Jun 12 12:18:23 CDT 2007

On Tue, June 12, 2007 18:21, IchBin wrote:

> Not to be missing anything I have this output _<below>_. I am not given
> authorization.
>
> - When trying to update with the markup for formated message to a
> calendar page:
> UA2ErrorLog: 'Access to Calendar/20070612 at level edit NOT granted. '
>

> - Be interesting to find out what is supposed to be uploaded every
> screen refresh:
> UA2ErrorLog: 'Warning: Someone asking for permission for unknown level
> 'upload'. Refused.
>

> - Wondering if this is a problem with the period or just displaying a
> period at the end the sentence as part of the display message:
> UA2ErrorLog: 'Loading perm record for WET. '
>
> - Is this wrong? I would figure this is a content page:
> UA2ErrorLog: 'Calendar/20070612 is a content page: no '

Thanks for the detailed error log - this is really useful.

The problem is definitely at least due to having a slash in the queried
page name. The UA2 module is CleanUrls-blind, meaning that it will always
expect "dotted" page names, like "Calendar.20070612". For this reason the
first query (first item you listed above) is not granted, and also the
page is falsely not recognized as content page.

The solution is to add the already mentioned str_repl('/', '.', $pagename)
statement to the module, the trick is only to put it in the right place
such that is encountered in any case. My approach was that since every
engine call will enter at UserAuth2(), it is save to place it exactly
there. As far as I can see now this is the only entry point right now, so
it must work.

The "upload" puzzle is another issue. First that the query is issued does
not necessarily mean that something should be uploaded - rather on parsing
the page the engine might want to find out whether a certain upload link
(see Site.PageActions) should be _displayed_ or not. The problem here is
that for some reason the first call to the UA2 module takes place _before_
the scripts/upload.php is loaded (where $HandleAuth['upload'] = 'upload'
is set), and so the upload action is not yet known.

A solution here might be to just change the order of script inclusions. If
this does not help, just have a

$HandleAuth['upload'] = 'upload';

before including userauth2.php and everything will be fine.

Thomas

> Here is what I captured and when:

> LOAD OF PMWIKI TO FIRST PAGE:
> _____________________________________________________________________________________________
> UA2ErrorLog: 'Loading perm record for GuestUsers. '
> UA2ErrorLog: 'Someone trying to access page Site.Login at level read. '
> UA2ErrorLog: 'Site.Login is a content page: no '
> UA2ErrorLog: 'Access to Site.Login at level read granted. '

This is ok.
> AFTER LOGIN WITH 'WET' ACCOUNT NAME:
> _____________________________________________________________________________________________
> UA2ErrorLog: 'Loading perm record for GuestUsers. '
> UA2ErrorLog: 'Someone trying to access page Main.HomePage at level read. '
> UA2ErrorLog: 'CheckUserPerms user admin page Site.PageActions level
> read... '

This is all ok.

> UA2ErrorLog: 'Warning: Someone asking for permission for unknown level
> 'upload'. Refused. '

This does not work because of reason given above.

> AFTER SELECTING THE CALENDAR LINK
> _____________________________________________________________________________________________
> UA2ErrorLog: 'Loading perm record for GuestUsers. '
> UA2ErrorLog: 'Someone trying to access page Calendar.Calendar at level
> read. '
> UA2ErrorLog: 'Calendar.Calendar is a content page: yes '
> UA2ErrorLog: 'CheckUserPerms user admin page Calendar.Calendar level
> admin... '
> UA2ErrorLog: 'Warning: Someone asking for permission for unknown level
> 'upload'. Refused. '

Same.

> AFTER SUBMITTING FORMATED MESSAGE:
> _____________________________________________________________________________________________
> UA2ErrorLog: 'Loading perm record for GuestUsers. '
> UA2ErrorLog: 'Someone trying to access page Calendar/20070612 at level
> edit. '
> UA2ErrorLog: 'Calendar/20070612 is a content page: no '
> UA2ErrorLog: 'CheckUserPerms user WET page Calendar/20070612 level edit...
> '
> UA2ErrorLog: 'Access to Calendar/20070612 at level edit NOT granted. '
> UA2ErrorLog: 'CheckUserPerms user WET page Calendar/20070612 level
> admin... '
> UA2ErrorLog: 'CheckUserPerms user LoggedInUsers page Calendar/20070612
> level admin... '
> UA2ErrorLog: 'CheckUserPerms user admin page Calendar/20070612 level
> admin... '

In short: slashs are bad. Therefore no pass.