[pmwiki-users] Inserting Captcha in Tellafriend and commentbox

Wouter Groeneveld jefklak at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 09:00:54 CDT 2007

Hi,

Currently I'm trying to insert the Captcha recipe into the tellafriend
and commentboxplus forms.
Those forms are HTML code, instead of the usual wiki (:input blah:)
code. I tought, no problem, I'll use MarkupToHTML() but that function
simply refuses to do it's job, and my guess is I'm using it wrong.

For example:

SDV($PageMailFormFmt, '
  <a id="top" name="top"></a><h2 class="wikiaction">' . $MailFormTitle .
'</h2></a>
  <form action="$PageUrl" method="post">' . $Captcha . [rest of the form]);

Does not work. And yes, the captcha recipe is included before the
tellafriend recipe. In pmwiki pages, inserting {$Captcha} works
perfectly, but I'd like to insert it directly into the form like the
above situation. I also tried something like MarkupToHTML($pagename,
"{\$Captcha}") - which doesn't work. Also directly calling
CaptchaImage($pagename) returns "1"! ? Huh? I guess the pagename var is
used wrong? Outputting it gives correct results however.
I also tested markup with something simple like MarkupToHTML($pagename,
"[-this is a smaller font-] ''italic test'' (:input test:)"); but it
DOES NOT work!

How can I integrate  "|Enter value: {$Captcha} (:input captcha:)" with
the HTML forms like tellafriend and commentbox(plus)?

Thanks a lot!
-- Jefklak/Wouter.
http://www.jefklak.com