[pmwiki-users] Display SkyPE status on a pmwiki page

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Jun 10 15:04:52 CDT 2007

On Sun, Jun 10, 2007 at 09:21:27PM +0200, Benoit Dutilleul wrote:
>    The image showing the status of a SkyPE username is at the following
>    address:
>    http://mystatus.skype.com/smallicon/skypename [1]
>
>    [a] How can I use such a link to display a status with pmwiki?

Try

  http://mystatus.skype.com/smallicon/skypename#.gif

>    [b] How can I combine it with a "call link" such as skype:username?call

First, enable the skype: protocol by adding the following line
to Site.InterMap:

  skype:    skype:$1

Then you can write "skype:username?call" and have it be translated
into a link.  To do both together, the markup would be:

  [[skype:username?call | http://mystatus.skype.com/smallicon/skypename#.gif]]

Using some custom PHP configuration, it would also be possible
to define skype:username?call as a bare markup that both displays the
status image and creates the link.