[pmwiki-users] url approval - are the url shown?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Jun 8 13:40:48 CDT 2007

On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 08:31:49PM +0200, jdd wrote:
> I'm on the way of translating the page:
>
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/UrlApprovals
>
> on the subtitle "Previewing the unapproved URL" and somewhere on the
> page it's said than the link to be approved is not visible. However,
> with seamonkey
>
> http://dodin.org/i18n/index.php?n=Main.Test
>
> it's perfectly visible.
>
> where is the truth?

If someone writes an unapproved link as

    [[http://www.example.com/ | link text]]

then the page will display

    link text (approve sites)

Someone looking at this cannot immediately see the target url
of the link, except by looking at the page source.  The
"Previewing the unapproved URL" is intended to provide a way
to make the unapproved URL visible by hovering over the link
(without actually making it a valid link).

It's not intended to imply that unapproved links are always
hidden -- simply that for those links that have link text
other than the url itself, there's a quick way to determine
if the url should be approved before hitting the "approve sites"
link.