[pmwiki-users] recognizing read protection

Hladůvka Jiří mail at revida.sk
Thu Jun 7 15:53:37 CDT 2007

I think it's not so simple as you write.
The question is "from who is the page read protected?"
You can have users groups, members list etc. and assign the protection
accordingly.
Then the test (:if isPageReadProtected:) says nothing, as you as an
admin are entitled to read all.

You can use some PTV (page text variable) e.g.
(:NotShared:yes:) to mark the documents (and make pagelist filtering
this PTV) but it solves nothing as if you forget to set the attributes
or set them incorrectly ...

I thing the best way is to put the not shared documents into a special
group and to protect the whole group.
Then  (:include ...:) or do a pagelist of this group in other groups --
the viewer not having the read permision for the special group will see
nothing from that document not even will the pages will be listed in the
pagelist.

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Jiri