[pmwiki-users] Expanding lists using new Pagelist (:template:)

Mike Shanley thebarmy at omniversalism.com
Sat Jul 28 19:39:08 CDT 2007

Ben Wilson wrote:
> Just looking at your markup, I would think the (:template each:)
> supersedes the (:if equal:). That is, the (:template first:) is a
> separate block from the (:template each:). Thus, the (:if equal:) is
> ignored. If you're only getting the Site group, it sounds like you
> have an error in your template that forces one of the {$Group}
> PageVars to lock on Site, which is the group of the Site.SideBar page.

With Pm's, what's happening is this:

When I'm navigated to anywhere in the Site group, the output is:

*Main
*People
*Dogs

But when I go to, say Main.Main, I get absolutely nothing.

The error you pointed out it my template makes sense. I'm still a little
hazy on how (:template:) works. I DO know that Pm's looks like it should
work, but for me it does not. But you gave me an idea:

[[#expand]]
(:if ! equal {=$Group} {<$Group}:)
*[[{=$Group}/]]
(:if equal {*$Group} {=$Group}:)
**[[{=$Group}/{=$Name}|{=$Titlespaced}]]
(:ifend:)
[[#expandend]]

works wonderfully. This isn't the first time that stripping (:template:)
has fixed my templates however. I'm running the newest version of
PmWiki... I wonder why that is.

--
        ~Mike Shanley~

    ~you are almost there~