[pmwiki-users] Automatically add anchors to heading tags?

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jul 26 16:01:54 CDT 2007

On 7/26/07, Mike Shanley <thebarmy at omniversalism.com> wrote:
> [...] the problems are with the majority of headers, which
> aren't so standard as that.

I think a vast majority of headings are 'standard' in that they are
convertable to a link in an author-friendly manner (without looking at
the HTML source, that is).  That's certainly true on pmwiki.org, for
example.

> My new question is
> this: what variation can we introduce into this system?
>
> Would abbreviations be a good option for people?

Possibly.  (Suggestion now added to the PITS page.)

> Also, how can we use this automatic anchoring to create quick TOCs?

Yes, this feature seems naturally related to a TOC feature.

Hagan