[pmwiki-users] moving PageLogoUrl

Maria McKinley parody at u.washington.edu
Thu Jul 26 14:59:12 CDT 2007

On 7/26/07, Ian MacGregor <lists at imacgregor.com> wrote:
> On Thursday 26 July 2007 2:26:08 am Maria McKinley wrote:
> > Ah, and now I think I see how it is positioned in the css. I should
> > have stuck with the default skin until I had figured stuff out, as it
> > is much better commented than the skin I decided to play with.
> >
> > thanks,
> > maria
> You're welcome. And, for what it's worth, designing your own skins for pmwiki
> isn't hard at all. I have designed several for pmwiki and I only learned how
> to do that by experimenting with different skins. Which skin are you using?
> If it's one of mine, I can help you with it.
>
> Regards,
> Ian MacGregor

Thanks. It looks like the problem was that the the skin I was using
(parchment), had called the gif "header" instead of "wikilogo". Not
sure why using code to move "header" didn't work, but maybe because
"header" is actually reserved for the whole top part? In that case,
I'm still not sure why changing the height of the "header" (or
commenting it out completely) did nothing though.

So, when I moved the wikilogo lower, it moved not just the gif, but
also the action menu, which I did not want lower. It seemed that
lowering "pageactions" alone, lowered it only in relation to the gif,
not the top of the page. In order to move these things separately, I
had to comment out "topcontent", which seemed to be binding everything
in the top area together. Am I going to run into problems by
commenting this out?

Thanks for everyone's help. I'm starting to see how all of this works now.

cheers,
maria