[pmwiki-users] PmWiki 'Basic Editing' Documentation suggestion

Mildiner, Melvyn Melvyn.Mildiner at verint.com
Wed Jul 25 03:39:20 CDT 2007

> Fair enough... Let's recommend emphasizing novices NOT use the \\ and
> \\\; and, still suggest blank lines.

Not valuable to all users. My users *MUST* use \\ since the vast
majority of the contents of our wiki consists of procedures. Current
technical writing practice is to write the results of a step on a
separate line aligned with the step i.e.
1. Do X
   Now you see the window.
2. Click OK.

In order to get this result in pmWiki we need:

# Do X.\\
Now you see the window.
# Click OK.

Even without the alignment requirement, leaving out the \\ will break
the numbering.

Please don't assume removing \\ from the guidelines will be universally
acceptable.

Regards,
Melvyn

This electronic message contains information from Verint Systems, which may be privileged and confidential.
The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s)or entity named above.
If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited.
If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify us by replying to this email (1).