[pmwiki-users] password requested only the first time

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jul 24 16:38:55 CDT 2007

On 7/23/07, Phil Seyer <weddingdj at gmail.com> wrote:
> When I edit my Wiki, a password is requested because I set it up in
> config.ph
>
> URL for my wiki is::
>
> http://www.lovemusiclovedance.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php
>
> Current password is pgedit23 is you want to test it.
>
> It works OK the first time,
> But when I go to edit a second time, the password is not requested.
> What's wrong?

Nothing is wrong.  Your browser holds the password in a cookie so you
don't need to enter it over and over.

PmWiki has a "logout" action you can use to destroy the session.  If
you browse a page with  ?action=logout in the query string you will
subsequently need to re-enter the password the next time you attempt
to edit an edit-protected page.

The logout action also clears the cookie that holds your author name,
so you will typically need to re-enter that too.

Hagan