[pmwiki-users] New documentation effort - metaphors

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 11:11:32 CDT 2007

Hey, list:

Please have a look at http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/Metaphors.  I
have a wiki for a group of users whose wiki started out with all the
pages being created in the Main wikigroup.  They have some content
that clearly will benefit from being broken out into multiple
wikigroups, but I am concerned about confusing them with the need to
begin qualifying their links.

I've had a little success with some people using a bookcase as a
metaphor for the wiki, and comparing wikigroups to shelves on the
wiki.  The visual seems to be really helpful for some; I'm thinking
this could be illustrated; it could be fun.

Please see if you can think of any ways to improve on the development
of the idea, or if you can come up with an alternative that works
better.

Thanks!

Tegan