[pmwiki-users] skin question: pmwiki-inserted styles after HeaderText

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Jul 20 08:31:57 CDT 2007

On Fri, Jul 20, 2007 at 01:44:55PM +0300, Algardas wrote:
> Good day, list.
>
> I have a question regarding skin templates.
>
> PmWiki puts a lot of style information after the comment
> <!--HeaderText--> in the template. Is there a way to control it?

Yes.  The style information all appears in PmWiki's $HTMLStylesFmt[]
array, and local customizations can set values in $HTMLStylesFmt[]
to override PmWiki's defaults.

For example, to eliminate the core pmwiki.php styles, use:

    $HTMLStylesFmt['pmwiki'] = '';

To eliminate PmWiki's settings for ?action=diff, use:

    $HTMLStylesFmt['diff'] = '';

Since this comes up frequently enough I may introduce an
$EnablePmWikiStyles configuration variable that makes it
easy for sites/skins to disable the core inline styles.

> Now, if I remove <!--HeaderText-->, I may lose many definitions
> I'm not aware of, because I do not know all the internals of PmWiki.

You probably don't want to remove <!--HeaderText-->, as many
recipes and features will add more than just styles into the
output (e.g., <link /> and <meta /> tags often appear here).