[pmwiki-users] Having "current" page redirect to weekly-generated page?

Chris Cox ccox at airmail.net
Wed Jul 18 13:43:16 CDT 2007

Ben Wilson wrote:
> I've got the ability to create a new page-of-the-week. However, I need
> to have a "current" page automatically redirect to the
> page-of-this-week. I've tried (:redirect:), but it does  not forward.

Sounds like a job for (:include:) to me rather than a redirect.
Or does the URL have to be different as well?

e.g.

Main.HomePage:
(:include Main.PageOfTheWeek:)

Let's say page of the week is:

Widgets.IPhone

You either edit or have some sort of automation
create the Main.PageOfTheWeek page which in
turn does:

(:include Widgets.IPhone:)

Thus the page to edit simply becomes the
Main.PageOfTheWeek page which doesn't have
to have any content.. just a simply include
inside of it for the "page of the week".