[pmwiki-users] advanced (I guess) CSS question for bulleted lists

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jul 10 21:06:25 CDT 2007

On 7/9/07, Tegan Dowling <tmdowling at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]  I haven't been able to change the
> second-level items in any way.  I've tried:
>
> #NavCell ul {
>     list-style-type: none;
>     padding: 0;
>     margin: 0;
> }
>
> #NavCell li {
>     padding-bottom: 3px;
>     margin-left: 10px;
>     margin-right: 3px;
> }
>
> #NavCell ul ul {
>     font-size: 50%;
>     }
>
> #NavCell ul ul li {
>     margin-left: 10px;
>     margin-right: 3px;
> }

Out of curiosity, what happens when you replace that with this:

    #NavCell ul { list-style-type: none; padding: 0; margin: 0; }
    #NavCell li { padding:0px 3px 3px 10px; }
    #NavCell ul ul li { font-size: 50%; }

Also, what does the portion of your template file including the tag
with id='NavCell'  unique identifier look like?  Either that or paste
what's generated as output by this test markup

   Text
   * Item
   ** Item
   Text

in your SideBar.  For example, with the test markup in Site.SideBar
and the default skin you get

<ul><li>Item

Hagan