[pmwiki-users] Is it possible? Draft Page indication and crossreference

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jul 5 11:23:58 CDT 2007

On 7/5/07, Crisp, Steve [UK] <SCRISP at ngms.eu.com> wrote:
> Hagan,
>
> One slight problem...
>
> If you are using the publish draft support i.e.:
>
> $EnableDrafts = 1;
> $EnablePublishAttr = 1;
>
> ...then the recipe below seems to conflict by always greying out the
> 'Publish' button in the Edit Form.  The symptoms are as if you have set
> a 'publish' password on the page or group (obviously I have not).
>
> I didn't notice it first of all as I'd previously edited a site
> protected page and entered the admin password.  Only when I restarted my
> browser to edit the sandbox I saw the Publish button greyed out.
>
> Commenting out this recipe and refreshing the page brought back the
> Publish button.
>
> I've tried to debug this one and can not see what could be causing it.
> Perhaps it's the names of your variables conflict with
> scripts/draft.php.  I'm wondering if you see the same thing.
>
> Any ideas / pointers welcome?

I saw the same thing recently and posted to the list about it.[1]  I
think it's a PmWiki bug, explained here:

   http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/00946

My temporary workaround has been to use

   $DefaultPasswords['publish'] = $DefaultPasswords['edit'];

This may also work:

   $DefaultPasswords['publish'] = '';

Hagan

[1] http://pmichaud.com/pipermail/pmwiki-users/2007-July/044849.html