[pmwiki-users] Dynamic page showing "most used" pages

sti at pooq.com sti at pooq.com
Mon Jul 2 03:14:53 CDT 2007

Mildiner, Melvyn wrote:
> I've received a new request for my pmWiki based wiki. My customer would
> like a dynamic page which shows the 10 "most used" topics. Not "most
> recently used" but "most often used". Is there a way that pmWiki can
> handle this?

I don't think there are any existing recipes that would do this. It may be
possible to write one, but I don't know that it would be that simple.

A lot depends on what you mean by 'topic' and 'used' in the above. If by
'topic' you mean page (as opposed to group, or category) then I could imagine
a page-view counter recipe (assuming you mean a view by 'used') that stores
the current count in the page's meta-data and some sort of pagelist extension
to list the top N pages.

You'd probably have to write it yourself though, or get someone to do it for
you, I think.