[pmwiki-users] line breaks in custom markup

Ben Stallings Ben at InterdependentWeb.com
Wed Jan 24 17:06:12 CST 2007

A client wants me to define a custom markup so that this wiki text:

* list item\\+
another line

will produce this HTML:

<li>list item<br />
another line</li>

Using this markup definition:

Markup('\\+','inline','/\\\\\\\\\\+/',"<br /><span
class='whitespace'>&nbsp;</span><br />");
}

gets me the desired result -- if there's no linebreak after the \\+.  If
there is a linebreak, as in the desired wiki text, the wiki dutifully
ends the list and puts the second line in a new paragraph.

I'm sure this is really simple for someone who's competent with regular
expressions, but alas I don't have a clue how to include the linebreak
in the markup definition.  When I add a \\n to it, it doesn't match
anything at all.  Suggestions please!

Follow-up question: Where are the \\ and \\\ markups defined?  They're
not in stdmarkup.php.  If I could look at them for an example I'd be
home free!

Thanks in advance!  --Ben