[pmwiki-users] Slender: prebundled wikis

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Wed Jan 24 12:49:48 CST 2007

Wednesday, January 24, 2007, 6:32:36 PM, The wrote:

> Well, I guess there is a start after all!  In all my months at PmWiki
> however, I've never seen that page before. And it is pretty
> desolate... Perhaps we could give it a bit more publicity and actually
> call for some bundles. Surely there are more than three worthwhile
> ones out there.

Yes it has not been taken up really. Calling all bundles...

> I'd recommend a group dedicated to bundles with a page for each one
> with various formatted information on it like the cookbook, so these
> could be downloaded, described, discussed, etc.

I would prefer to restrain from creating another group for these, but
use the cookbook instead. Indeed some recipes may already qualify
(like BlogSimple which i called an experiemental blog bundle, and
which installs with all kinds of prefab pages plus pagelists
constructing a blog wiki).

And I think the distinction between a "bundle" and a recipe is rather
vague. Maybe it is sufficient to use a category [[!Bundle]] on the
recipe page. An author can emphasise the bundle nature of the recipe
by including Bundle in the name, as is custom for Skin recipes.

> Also, I should note I'm not just talking about existing sites, I'm
> talking about barebones, prefab wikis specifically designed for
> download and instant installation.  There are no downloads I noticed
> on any of those sites.  If we put some effort into it, we should be
> able to put up some fairly nice ones.

I can think of maintaining a recipe "bundle", but a prefab wiki bundle
will include the pmwiki core download, or a modified core?

Hans