[pmwiki-users] Slender: prebundled wikis

The Editor editor at fast.st
Wed Jan 24 12:32:36 CST 2007

On 1/24/07, Hans <design5 at softflow.co.uk> wrote:
> Wednesday, January 24, 2007, 6:07:35 PM, The wrote:
>
> > But where do we offer that kind of thing?  I could put mine up on
> > zapsite, and may eventually, if there's any interest in these
> > projects, but others have probably also done complex projects that
> > could serve as a base others could use for rapid project development.
> > It would be great to have a central repository of such wiki's and keep
> > them updated etc., just like the scripts and skins are done currently.
> >  I suppose we could put them in the cookbook, but that is getting a
> > bit crowded already!
>
> as a start for instance see
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ListOfBundles
>

> Hans

Well, I guess there is a start after all!  In all my months at PmWiki
however, I've never seen that page before. And it is pretty
desolate... Perhaps we could give it a bit more publicity and actually
call for some bundles. Surely there are more than three worthwhile
ones out there.

I'd recommend a group dedicated to bundles with a page for each one
with various formatted information on it like the cookbook, so these
could be downloaded, described, discussed, etc.

Also, I should note I'm not just talking about existing sites, I'm
talking about barebones, prefab wikis specifically designed for
download and instant installation.  There are no downloads I noticed
on any of those sites.  If we put some effort into it, we should be
able to put up some fairly nice ones.

Cheers,
Dan