[pmwiki-users] Better integration of phpBB with PmWiki - combined search results

Crisp, Steve [UK] SCRISP at ngms.eu.com
Sun Jan 21 15:15:04 CST 2007

Dear all,

I'm currently using (:includeurl:) markup to embed a forum within a Wiki page.  This works quite well especially with a cutdown 'style' for those farmiliar with phpBB2.

I'm now looking to merge the 'quick' Wiki search form - top right in example below - with something similar for the phpBB forum search.

http://scoobypedia.co.uk/enginuity/index.php/Forums/Forums <http://scoobypedia.co.uk/enginuity/index.php/Forums/Forums>

I'm kind of thinking of a drop down list next to the text input box with lists Wiki, Forum, Both.

The real assistance I'm after is to integrate this with PmWiki's search results.  The real problem I've got is to bring the search results, say to search the Forum, back 'within' the Wiki engine/site layout.

I'm solution engineering here but, what about modifying the Wiki search results template (is there one?) to also allow me to include search result from another url - perhaps using (:includeurl http://example.com?searchterms=$MY_SEARCH_TERMS :).  The $MY_SEARCH_TERMS would some kind of PmWiki variable/parameter we got from the search form.

Your advice, recommendations, comments very much welcome.
-Steve.