[pmwiki-users] standalone on Mac OSX?

Jon Haupt jhaupt at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 23:02:47 CST 2007

On 1/20/07, jeb eddy <jeb at mac.com> wrote:

> Last week I asked about getting set up as a standalone on Mac OSX,
> but have still not figured it out.
>
> Can any Mac user who has done this lend a quick hand?
>
> See original mail on this same subject dated 14 Jan.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeb

Jeb,

Seeing your message last week, I tried this out on my MBP.  It worked
fine and relatively easily.  A few more comments have been made to
/Cookbook/Standalone that you might want to check out.  Basically this
is all I did to make mine work:

1) Install PHP.  I looked up PHP in the OS X downloads section of
apple's site and it worked fine.  It's possible you already have PHP
installed as somebody else said, but I didn't on my recently purchased
notebook.
2) Download the latest PmWiki files.  Place them in
/Library/WebServer/Documents.  I put them in a separate folder called
PmWiki.  So the root PmWiki folder is
/Library/WebServer/Documents/pmwiki.
3) At this point, you should just be able to go to
http://localhost/pmwiki and have a look.  It will remind you you need
to create a /wiki.d folder with the right permissions.  You also might
want to fix the permissions as explained at /Cookbook/Standalone.

Notice I didn't fiddle with any other stuff, particularly Apache.
That is, until I decided I wanted to use .htaccess files, which
weren't enabled, so I had to figure that out.

Cheers,

Jon