[pmwiki-users] Security problem

John Taylor-Johnston jt.johnston at USherbrooke.ca
Fri Jan 19 23:13:22 CST 2007

I'm creating a site:
All installed, and functioning with a fresh update of PMWiki.
When I try to edit or view the history in Sea Monkey, the security in my
config.pgp file does the job. The password box comes up and asks me for
what is in my config file. http://ecocritique.ca/index.php?n=Main.HomePage

HOWEVER, if visit the same URL with the new Internet Explorer 7, it
ignores all security precautions and lets the general public edit
anything, without requiring a password.

Is there a patch soon to be available? I inserted a new copy of pm wiki
tonight, just to be sure it is still a bug.

Am I the only one?

Latest stable release (pmwiki-2.1.27) is installed:

   * pmwiki-latest.tgz
     <http://www.pmwiki.org/pub/pmwiki/pmwiki-latest.tgz>
   * pmwiki-latest.zip
     <http://www.pmwiki.org/pub/pmwiki/pmwiki-latest.zip>

So where do I go to report this bug and how to I shore up the security
problem in IE7 ASAP? Is it a new issue?

Salut, merci.

John